The Meisha's Hope Bandanna
When Meisha was diagnosed with autoimmune hemolytic anemia in January 1992, we had only one hope and that was to have her recover and have a quality life. When that hope became a reality, our next hope was to help others whose dogs were ill with AIHA/IMHA. To do that we created the Meisha's Hope Web site. Now we have one more hope, to find new treatments for AIHA/IMHA and possibly even a cause for the disease. To that end we have become a member of the Morris Animal Foundation family and established the Meisha's Hope Canine Autoimmune/Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia Fund #338.
WHAT IS MORRIS ANIMAL FOUNDATION?
- Morris Animal Foundation was established by Mark L. Morris, DVM in 1948.
- Morris Animal Foundation funds humane animal health studies at veterinary institutions worldwide to improve the health and well being of companion animals and wildlife.
- Morris Animal Foundation is the world's largest foundation funding companion animal and wildlife health studies.
- Morris Animal Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- All donations to Morris Animal Foundation are tax deductible.
WHAT IS THE MEISHA'S HOPE AIHA/IMHA FUND #338?The Meisha's Hope Canine Autoimmune/Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation is an account set up specifically to fund humane canine health studies of autoimmune/immune-mediated hemolytic anemia.We chose to set up the Meisha's Hope fund at Morris Animal Foundation because of their well respected reputation world wide with both veterinarians and lay persons. The Foundation's Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) consists of volunteer veterinary experts who spend hundreds of hours evaluating grant proposals. Those proposals that meet this board's stringent guidelines are recommended for funding. The Meisha's Hope Fund will only fund studies that have come through this rigorous peer-review process. The SAB also monitors studies that are in progress.To Learn more about the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation, Click Here
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP!The goal of the Meisha's Hope Canine Autoimmune/Immune-Mediated Hemolytic Anemia Fund #338 is to raise at least one million dollars to fund AIHA/IMHA studies. I believe this goal can be reached if each of us whose lives have been touched by AIHA/IMHA will look deep into our hearts and give as much as possible.Morris Animal Foundation has many giving programs. They include:
- Morris Animal Friends, your gift of $25 or more ($10 for senior citizens) automatically enrolls you in Morris Animal Friends. You will receive the Foundation's newsletter and other informative publications.
- Pet Memorials
- Veterinary Honor Roll
- Corporate Matching
- Matching GiftsWe, at the Meisha's Hope website, consider it a very great honor to be associated with Morris Animal Foundation. Because of that association we will be able to take of advantage of the expertise of the Scientific Advisory Board, who will review all study proposals and forward to us only those proposals they deem worthy of funding. In addition, MAF will do all accounting procedures for the Fund and supply us with quarterly reports. The Meisha's Hope Fund will be featured in the Foundation's media and public relations materials. All that is left for us to do is supply the money. Here are some additional giving suggestions, all of which can be specifically designated to go into the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338
- A memorial gift in memory of a deceased AIHA/IMHA dog
- An "in honor gift" for a healthy dog or one who is in an AIHA/IMHA remission
- A collective gift from your kennel, breed, obedience or agility club
- A gift in honor of that special veterinarian who has gone beyond the call of duty in treating your beloved canine companionThe Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation is a way for anyone whose life has been touched by AIHA/IMHA to fight back. By helping to fund studies on the disease you will be a making a difference for all dog owners. Donations are needed from individuals, families, groups and clubs. No matter the size of your donation it will make a difference in the fight against AIHA/IMHA.When you contribute, please use the special Donation Form that has been designed especially for the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338. Using this donation form assures that your gift goes directly into the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338. You can also donate online at the Meisha's Hope Fund page on the Morris Animal Foundation Web site by Clicking Here.To learn how you can host a garage sale to benefit the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation Click HereTo see how your donations to the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation are helping to find new treatment options for Canine AIHA/IMHA Click Here
WHAT ARE the NEW HOPE PARTNERS?The New Hope Partners are business people who have had their lives touched by AIHA/IMHA. They have graciously consented to have a product or service offered for sale on the Meisha's Hope Web site with part of the proceeds of that sale going to the Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation. Please visit the following New Hope Partners:S. Thomas Sierak Fine ArtThe Truman CollarClick Here to read an interview with Debby Fitch the creator of The Truman CollarCasper N Caboodle Help Fight AIHA/IMHA All commissions earned from this design will go to the Meisha’s Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation.To learn more about Casper N Caboodle Click HereBronwyn’s Biscuits donates 10% of the proceeds from the sale of their biscuits to the Meisha’s Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation.This page was last updated on February 3, 2013.
Back to TOP of page
All contents on this site Copyright © 1998 - 2013 Joanne Dickson. All rights reserved.